James (Jim) Shenwick is the principal and owner of Shenwick & Associates, based out of New York City (Manhattan) with a practice limited to personal and business bankruptcy, short sales, workouts, real estate leasing (office, retail, restaurant), asset protection planning, taxi medallion workouts, distressed restaurants and tax controversy work including IRS offers in compromise and installment agreements
Shenwick & Associates is a small law firm that is disciplined, cost effective and leverages technology to zealously represent clients legally and strategically.
Jim Shenwick has practiced law for 30 years. Jim specializes in:
- Filing bankruptcy petitions for individuals and businesses (over 500 to date)
- Defending Adversary Proceedings brought by Bankruptcy Trustees for fraudulent conveyance
- Asset protection planning
- Filing offers in compromise with IRS
- Reviewing and negotiating office leases for Tenants (over 250 to date)
- Workouts and short sales for real estate clients, representing buyers and sellers of townhouses, coop's, condominiums and houses
- Reviewing and negotiating AIA Construction documents for owners with contractors and architects
Jim Shenwick is listed in the 2020 Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys™.